xAI (Twitter's AI Division) Released Grok
- Debuted on Saturday, Nov 3, 2023
- Designed to compete with Google's Bard and Open AI's Chat-GPT
- Focuses on providing real-time information from the Twitter platform
- Details are still limited
What is xAI?
- Website: x.ai
- xAI is a startup by Elon Musk
- Their team consists of scientists from Google/DeepMind, OpenAI, Tesla, Microsoft and various Universities
- "xAI is a new company working on building artificial intelligence to accelerate human scientific discovery. We are guided by our mission to advance our collective understanding of the universe." - From x.ai
What is Grok?
- Grok is designed to be a direct competitor to Google's Bard and OpenAI's Chat-GPT
- According to Musk, Grok has a "unique and fundamental advantage" via its access to real-time information on Twitter's platform
- xAI's team is designing Grok with safety controls to prevent Grok from generating malicious or harmful content
- Grok is designed to incorporate sarcasm and humor into its responses - possibly imitating Elon Musks personality
How Does Grok Compare?
- According to xAI, Grok-1 has already surpassed OpenAI's Chat-GPT 3.5, LLaMa 2 70B and Inflection-1
- xAI believes it's only a matter of time before they catch up to Chat-GPT 4
- While Grok-1 underperformed Chat-GPT 4 and Palm 2 on the middle school and high school mathematics problems test, Grok-1 was nearly on par for the HumanEval testing (Python code completion tasks)
- Currently, Grok does not have multi-model capabilities
- For now, Grok is only accessible to a select few Beta users
- Pricing is $16 per month on X Premium Plus
- Join the waitlist here - https://grok.x.ai/
Thank You For Reading!
Please check back often for more updates
Visit our site AutomateBard.com for more AI news & articles