What Are GPTs?
- OpenAI Introduced a new feature called GPTs – November 6th, 2023
- This new feature allows users to build ‘tuned’ versions of Chat-GPT for their specific tasks
- These new GPTs can search the web, generate images and even search uploaded documents
- User can craft custom GPTs with specific prompts to avoid having to construct prompts from scratch
- Users can choose to make their custom GPTs public or private
- OpenAI believes the ‘best’ GPTs will come from the community
How To Use?
GPTs can be trained to perform specific tasks. If you consider Chat-GPT as a general purpose AI, GPTs will act as a specific purpose AI.
GPTs will allow you to upload word and PDF documents to the cache of information the AI will rely on when generating responses. This will allow the AI to search through those documents in addition to the web to find answers. You can also tune the GPTs with specific prompts – this removes the need to prompt the AI on how to respond every time a new chat is initiated.
Content creators can create a GPT that imitates their specific writing styles. Simply upload previous content you created or even content others have created, then ask the GPT to output its responses using those styles.
Large organizations will find these tools useful when creating custom chat-bots for helping customers navigate their specific product offerings or website for example.
IT departments will be able to create customized tech-support chat-bots for employees. Now, companies can upload information specific or proprietary to their organization that the chat-bot can use to craft specific responses for helping employees.
- Later this month, OpenAI will introduce the GPT Store
- The store will allow creators to publish their customized versions of Chat-GPT to the public
- GPTs that have been published to the store will be searchable
- Over time, the GPTs will be ranked by the community allowing the more popular (or useful) versions to rise to the top of search results
Who Has Access
- Currently, GTPs are available for ChatGPT Plus and Enterprise users
- Go to chat.openai.com
- Creators will have access to ‘example’ GPTs to help them get started
- Each account will allow uploading of documents specific to you or your organization. GPTs can use information from those documents to craft its responses.
See https://openai.com/blog/introducing-gpts for more information